I am a computer scientist, AI researcher, music composer, creative coder, and origami designer. More recently I’ve also started doing digital sculpting and 3D printing. This site contains information on various areas of my research, other work, and hobbies.
Home page last updated:
“Chicken Merchants” 3D Sculpt, printed in resin and painted. Presupported files on MyMiniFactory
Recen audio-visual work:
I’ve published two origami books in recent years. Both are available in paperback and e-book format. The e-books should work on both black & white and color devices and also work in a browser or just on a phone.
Paleo Origami: Dinosaurs, Pterosaurs, and More (2021)
Buy it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XH2JRHW
More information: http://donyaquick.com/paleo-origami/
An Origami Farm (2020)
Buy it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M8DBG7Q/
More information: http://donyaquick.com/an-origami-farm/
How can I get updates on new pieces and/or research?
There are a few ways:
- SoundCloud if you just want to hear my new music.
- BandCamp if you want to support my music-making. I have several digital albums available in CD quality.
- Subscribe to me on YouTube if you want music visualizations. Some of my mixed media work only goes on YouTube and isn’t on SoundCloud.
- If you only want to know what I update libraries I maintain (like Euterpea), just watch the repo for that project/library on GitHub and you’ll get notified when there are issue/bug reports or updates to the source.
- Follow me on Facebook where I occaionally put updates on music, chickens, and other hobbies.